Block Lettering Project
· Students will be introduced to block lettering through teacher guided instruction.
· Students will have an understanding of how graphic designers select, arrange, and use letter forms creatively.
Students will create a design that reflects a creative use of lettering through use of color and balance.
Language Objectives (write, read, speak, listen):
Students will listen to instruction as the teacher visually demonstrates the lesson
Students will use proper vocabulary when critiquing their work
1. Balance: refers to the ways in which the elements (lines, shapes, colors, textures, etc.) of a piece are arranged.
2. Symmetrical Design: The word refers to two halves that perfectly mirror each other.
3. Asymmetrical Design: not identical on both sides of a central line
4. Radial Design: Radial balance is any type of balance based on a circle with its design extending from center.
Words as well as definitions will be present on the board
Pencil, Graph Paper, Ruler, Lettering Handout, Scissors, Colored construction paper