6th Grade Pattern Desgn
This project integrates math and art together to create an art design
1. Discuss the idea of pattern and line.
2. Create 4 different patterns for a cohesive
3. Complete entire mathematical design according handout.
Pencil, markers, pattern handout, scissors, construction paper for mounting
1. Students will listen to instructions as well as having visual examples to understand the art making process.
2. Students will need to use key vocabulary words during the evaluation process in order to discuss their design
1. Color: To see color, you have to have light. When light shines on an object some colors bounce off the object and others are absorbed by it. Our eyes only see the colors that are bounced off or reflected.
2. Line: An element of art defined by a point moving in space.
3. Shape: An enclosed space
4. Pattern: A repetition of an element in a work of art.
5.Sequence: To arrange in a particular order